The Spirit Vessel Professionals Perspectives in Deathcare series aims to help bring awareness, acceptance, and normalization to death and the grieving process. Throughout this series, we interview professionals of all types in the deathcare and emotional wellness space including hospice nurses, grief counselors and coaches, death doulas, funeral directors, life insurance agents, celebrants, alternative disposition advocates, and social workers just to name a few.
In this interview, we speak with Julie McFadden, also known as Hospice Nurse Julie. Julie’s informational and relatable TikTok videos have made an impact on nearly a million followers, making her a viral sensation.
Julie McFadden is a registered nurse in Los Angeles, CA who spent nearly a decade working as an intensive care nurse before transitioning to hospice nursing where she has worked for the last six years. Julie is passionate about educating people on what happens as we die. Her TikTok videos have gained international attention as she hopes to make one of life’s most difficult moments that much easier.
In this conversation we discuss:
- How Julie got into nursing, her Intensive Care experience, & how she discovered Hospice care
- What inspired Julie to try out Tiktok, and the impact she is having
- Who is included on the hospice care team, and her role in her hospice work
- What it means to listen, validate, & hold space for individuals and families
- Some of her favorite end of life resources
- What reform Julie would love to see in hospice care
- and much more!
Please leave us a comment below, and let us know your thoughts on today’s video!
If you enjoyed this conversation, please share it on your favorite social media platform.
Join our newsletter and be the first to know when new conversations are released: www.SpiritVessel.com/Newsletter
Learn more about Spirit Vessel’s DIY approach to personalized grief ceremonies at: www.Shop.SpiritVessel.com